Question: Is there a waiting period for my flood insurance policy?
Answer: Most likely. Typically, there’s a 30-day waiting period from date of purchase before your policy goes into effect. Here are the only exceptions:
- If flood insurance is being purchased in connection with the making, increasing, extending or renewing of your loan.
- If a building has been newly designated in the SFHA and flood insurance is being purchased within the 13-month period following a map revision.
- If flood insurance is required as a result of a lender determining that a loan that does not have flood insurance coverage should be protected by flood insurance.
- If an additional amount of insurance is selected as an option on the renewal bill.
- If a property is affected by flooding on burned Federal land that is a result of, or is exacerbated by, post-wildfire conditions when the policy is purchased within 60 days of the fire containment date.
Amanda Guenther is our agent at Mappus Insurance. She is knowledgeable, prompt, reliable and kind. Her expertise is evident as she answers our...
a month agoNancy Huston
I have never had a better experience with any other agency in my life. I have had many insurance companies handle my assets and...
3 weeks agoJamie Burris
Amanda & Brooks are extremely helpful and responsive. I can’t say enough good things about this company. Do not hesitate in selecting them for your...
3 weeks agoDom D
If you need insurance whether it be home, auto, renters etc. I highly recommend Zack at Mappus Insurance Agency. No need to look any further,...
4 months agoLynn Caffary