As you know, June is National Safety Month. In this post, we’re going to give you some tips on how to stay safe on the road.
- Wear Your Seat Belt. A seat belt can save your life in the event of an auto accident. Receiving a citation for not wearing your seat belt can also cause your insurance premiums to increase.
- Never Keep Valuables In Your Car. It can be as simple as a pair of designer sunglasses left on the passenger seat to attract a burglar walking by. If you’ve left your car doors unlocked while you ran on a quick errand, kiss those Ray Bans goodbye. An even worse case scenario is that a criminal could end up stealing your car altogether.
- Practice Regular Maintenance. It can be easy to let that oil change get pushed to the bottom of your to-do list for a few months, but regular maintenance is a very important part of staying safe on the road.
- Have Your Car Inspected Before Traveling. Summertime is the prime time to travel to new places with your family. Before heading out on the open road, make sure your car is up to snuff and there won’t be any hiccups along the way.
- Never Drive While Impaired. Summertime is a time for cook outs, pool parties, and beach days. Make sure to have a designated driver if you plan to drink.